Do you have what it takes to become a First Responder?
Getting involved in the fire and emergency services fosters the next generation of first responders. The Marion Fire Department's job shadow/ride along program allows you to participate in the fire and emergency services community for half a day to better understand the job of EMS/fire rescue personnel and the skills needed to interact with patients. A job shadow can provide you with valuable insight to the skills needed to become a firefighter/EMT.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Riders that are between 16 and 18 years of age must have the written permission of a parent or guardian
- Must be approved by the Chief or designee in advance.
- All riders must provide written proof of a “no want” status from the Marion Police Department
- Consent to a public information background check prior to permission being granted.
- No rider will be permitted to ride more than two (2) times per calendar year without special permission.
- Fill out the application
- Return completed application to the Marion Fire Department, 3933 Katz Drive.
- The MFD will have a background check
- Once the background check is returned, we will call you to schedule a day and time