The Marion Professional Firefighter’s Association (MFFA) offers a $500.00 scholarship to one graduating senior from Marion High School and one graduating senior from Linn-Mar High School. This one-time grant will be paid to the student with proof of completion of one semester in good standing at the school of the recipient’s choice. Request for payment shall be submitted to the Sec./Treas. of the Marion Professional Firefighter’s Association.
Although academic standing, school organizations/clubs, outside activities, etc. are considered when granting this scholarship, anyone may apply.
All applications will be received and judged by the Scholarship Committee of the Marion Professional Firefighter’s Association. The committee is comprised of Firefighter’s and a faculty member of the applicable High School.
The award will be presented to the recipient at the High School’s Scholarship Awards program.
- Recipient to be a graduating Senior with a minimum accumulated GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 grading scale.
- Copy of High School Transcripts.
- Admission letter from College or University (if possible)
- Two letters of recommendation from Faculty, One letter of recommendation from non-related, non-school individual.
- Applicant must present a written 200 word minimum autobiography and state reasons for wanting/needing this scholarship.
- Recipient must not have previously received a full scholarship.
- Contact your school counselor for more details.