With the completion of a Special Census in June 2016, Marion's official population is 38,023. This is an official increase of 3,255 people since the 2010 Regular Census. Marion's most recent estimated population is 39,979 as of July 1, 2018.
Population Estimate Reports:
The Planning & Development Department compiles population estimates with data provided from the United States Census and the State Data Center of Iowa. The estimates are updated in July of every year for the previous year estimates (i.e. the July 2018 report is providing population estimates as of July 2017).
- July 2019 Report (July 2018 Population Estimates)
- March 17, 2015 - Boundary Update amendment to 2010 US Census - These counts reflect boundary (through annexation) updates reported to the US Census Bureau effective as of March 17, 2015. These counts also reflect any changes previous made to the 2010 Census counts under the Census Bureau's Count Question Resolution Program.
- July 2011 Report (Official 2010 US Census Population)
- July 2010 Population by Age (Official 2010 US Census)
Construction Activity Reports:
- US Census Bureau - The US Census Bureau is a principal agency of the U.S. Federal Statistical System responsible for producing data about the American people and economy.
- Iowa Data Center - The State Data Center of Iowa is your source for population, housing, business and government statistics about Iowa, including data from the U.S. Census Bureau, Iowa state agencies, and other state and federal sources.