Plumbing phases of construction are inspected by combination inspectors who check for compliance with local codes.
Water heaters also require plumbing permits as they can be very dangerous when not installed correctly. Mythbusters Water Heater Explosion experiment shows the impact an exploding water heater can have on a home.
- Review the Plumbing Code of the Marion City Code
- Complete the application or stop in to pull the permit in person
- Submit application with appropriate fee or write Credit Card on top for those with one on file to one of the following:
- Community Development - Building Services, 1225 6th Avenue, Suite 220, Marion, IA 52302
- Via fax - 319-373-4260
Once your application has been submitted, staff will process the request and issue a permit immediately. If your application was sent to Building Services, the issued permit will be emailed to the email address provided on the application. If you apply in person, you will leave with an issued permit.
- Ch. 161, Plumbing Code - also see for information regarding Fuel Gas
- Plumbing Code Appeal Application
- IDPH Regulatory Programs - Plumbing & Mechanical Systems Board (PMSB)