Get an up-close look at the fire engines and the fire station to learn more about how firefighters live and respond to emergencies. You’ll learn more about the special gear the firefighters wear to fight fires and how they use their equipment to effectively help in medical emergencies and fire incidents.
Groups are typically invited to visit Station 2, located at 3933 Katz Drive, but tours at other station locations can be arranged. Tours last approximately 10-30 minutes, depending upon the age and attention span of the tour members .
To schedule a tour, call us 377-8237 or email. Please have the following information available:
- Date and time of the tour
- Number of children and/or adults expected
- A contact person name and phone number
In the event that an emergency arises just before the tour, the Department will make every effort to call the contact person to re-schedule the tour.
The department works very hard to accommodate every request it receives however due to limited resources, training demands, and a high volume of emergency response calls handled by the department we can not accommodate all requests. We apologize in advance if this is this is the case.
Due to high demand during certain times of the year, we may be forced to limit tour requests to groups from Marion only.
Marion Fire Department will occasionally be asked to attend a neighborhood gathering or business picnic to provide safety discussions and to display a truck.
Before requesting a truck visit, please keep in mind:
- Priority is given to educational organizations like schools, daycare centers, and community/non-profit groups providing a service or event that aligns with the the department's fire safety and health goals.
- Fire department personnel and apparatuses do not make appearances at private parties or for-profit functions (e.g. grand opening event for a new business, birthday parties, etc.)
- No request for programs and events on Sundays or holidays, please.
- The department works very hard to accommodate every request it receives however due to limited resources, training demands, and a high volume of emergency response calls handled by the department we can not accommodate all requests. We apologize in advance if this is this is the case.
To arrange a truck visit 377-8237 or email the Fire Department. The following information is helpful:
- Organization Name/ Event
- Date and time of the visit
- Contact person name and phone number
- Location of event
- Number of children and/or adults expected, if known
- Ages of children, if known