Hold Harmless Agreement

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

If you will be utilizing public property as part of an activity in the course of business or while hosting an event, you may need to complete a Special Event Application & Hold Harmless Agreement. This is agreement is reviewed by staff and could take up to a week. If the application includes a noise waiver request or major street closure, Council approval is also required.  Please submit applications well in advance.

Please note: if your application includes use of pavilion or park, make your reservation through the Marion Parks & Recreation Department prior to applying. 

To Apply:

  1. Complete either the printable form or electronic form
  2. If printable form is used, please submit to either of the following:
    • City Clerk's Office, 1225 6th Avenue, Suite 110, Marion, IA 52302
    • Via email

More Information:

Reasons Contact Information
City Clerk's Office:
Application, special event requests, fireworks, liquor or other licenses
Anne Kroll | 319-743-6301
City Manager's Office:
Event coordination
Jessica Carney | 319-743-6308
Fire Department:
Tent permits, propane grills, public safety
Engineering Department:
Street closures, traffic contractor information
Parks and Recreation:
Park and pavilion rental, trail requests
Police Department:
Traffic control, public safety, security
Public Services Department:
Parking, barricades
Iowa One Call:
Underground utility locates
 Iowa One Call | 800-292-8989
Linn County Public Health:
Food and beverage service
 Public Health | 319-892-6000



Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer