Garage Sale Restrictions Lifted in Marion on June 1
Marion Mayor Nicolas AbouAssaly has issued a proclamation rescinding the restriction on garage sales, yard sales and other in-person, private sales from occurring within city limits effective June 1.
Residents choosing to host garage sales still need to comply with group size restrictions and social distancing protocols that have been issued by the governor. This includes limiting the number of people in one space to no more than 10 and encouraging 6-feet of separation between people that are not from the same household.
Other recommended safety measures include:
- Encouraging the use of face coverings
- Providing hand sanitizer or hand-washing stations for customer use
- Establishing a plan for limiting the number of people at a time and guiding the flow of traffic
- Frequently sanitizing tables and chairs
- Disinfecting frequently touched items