Marion Park Playgrounds and Amenities to Reopen on June 1
With additional restrictions lifted by the Governor Kim Reynolds’ latest proclamation, the City of Marion is pleased to announce the reopening of its playgrounds, ball diamonds, basketball courts, fitness trail equipment, and skate park on June 1.
Playground visitors are encouraged to maintain social distancing and practice good hygiene while at play. The equipment will not be sanitized on a regular basis, so it is recommended that park users use hand sanitizer before and after using the parks and recreation facilities. Restroom facilities in the parks remain closed at this time.
Shelters and pavilions will continue to be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations are not being taken at this time.
The splash pads at Gill Park and Thomas Park remain closed for now, but this will be reevaluated in the coming weeks.
Park users are reminded of CDC guidelines pertaining to COVID-19 when using park facilities:
- Stay home if you are sick or do not feel well
- Practice social distancing and maintain at least six feet between individuals in all areas of the park
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, and then throw the tissue in the trash
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
Marion is home to more than 21 parks and 8 trails on over 600 acres of land.