News List

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Marion Fire Responds to Carbon Monoxide Incident

Post Date:05/13/2020 8:07 AM

At 8:29 a.m. on Tuesday, May 12, the Marion Fire Department received a medical call to the address of 2390 27th Street in Marion. Crews arrived to find a carbon monoxide incident with high levels of carbon monoxide in the home. The home was ventilated, and the scene was made safe. All five occupants of the home were transported to a local hospital for evaluation. 

It was determined by Mid-American Energy that the situation was caused by a faulty boiler in the home. No working carbon monoxide detectors were noted in the home.

Marion Fire wants to remind residents of the importance of having a working carbon monoxide detector in their home. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas that can induce headaches, nausea, and feelings of tiredness. Extreme exposure can lead to death. Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of incomplete combustion and can be produced by improperly operating gas fired equipment.     

Return to full list >>