Water Rates to Increase in April
The Marion Water Department's Board of Trustees held a Public Hearing on a proposal to increase the water rates for both Public Water Supply permits ID #5751035 (Marion customers) and ID #5751040 (Glenbrook Cove Subdivision area).
The Public Hearing was held at 5:15 p.m., March 13, 2018, in City Hall located at 1225 6th Avenue, Marion, Iowa 52302. No written or oral comments were received. The goal was to increase revenue by $355,000 or by 8.35% to pay a SRF $2.2 million loan for Well #7 and it will provide additional funding for replacing old water mains, water plant improvements and installing new water meters.
The board decided on the following rate increases.
Monthly Flat Fixed Rate increase by $1.50 per month or 5 cents per day
Commercial / Industrial Customers
Monthly Flat Fixed Rate 13% and a Variable Rate Increase of 16.5%
Average monthly increase:
- 1.5” meter increased by $18.55 per month or $0.62 per day
- 2” meter increased by $43.13 per month or $1.44 per day
- 3” meter increased by $79.77 per month or $2.66 per day
- 4” meter increased by $54.52 per month or $1.82 per day
- 6” meter increased by $147.13 per month or $4.90 per day
The increases will be effective starting with the April 16, 2018 billing date. There were no water rate increases in 2017.