News List

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Garbage Fee Exemption for Vacated Premises

Post Date:11/30/2017 8:55 AM

You may be eligible for exemption from garbage fees if your residential dwelling is vacant for an extended period of time. The guidelines are:

  • Must be a residential dwelling.
  • Residential dwelling must first be vacant and unused for more than 180 days.
  • Exemption begins after the 180 days. (Billing will continue during the first 180 days of vacancy. If vacancy continues after the 180 days, the exemption may then begin. No credit will be issued for any part of the first 180 days.)
  • Application for exemption must be submitted to and approved by the Marion Public Services Board.

Complete this application or obtain one from the Marion Water Department or Marion Public Services Department.

For more information, please call Marion Public Services at 377-6367.

Return to full list >>