Asphalt Overlay Project Underway in Four Neighborhoods
The annual asphalt overlay program is underway in Marion. The work includes milling the existing surface and the placement of two lifts of new hot mix asphalt (HMA) in the locations identified below.
The schedule below was provided by LL Pelling and is weather dependent. The project is being broke into 3 mobilizations.
During work on each street there will not be direct access to the properties (except for emergencies). Most nights there will be local access available. LL Pelling will notify the property/business owners of the access restrictions.
Mobilization #1: [6.5.17 – 6.16.17] COMPLETED
- Keyes Court from Marion Boulevard to Blairs Ferry Road.
- 7th Street from 9th Avenue to Central Avenue.
- 14th Avenue from 24th Street to 26th Street.
- 3rd Street from 3rd Avenue to 5th Avenue
Mobilization #2: [6.19.17 – 7.3.17]
- Knollcrest Drive from Keyes Court to Blairs Ferry Road.
- Grand Avenue from S 15th Street to S 22nd Street. – One lane of traffic will be maintained on Grand Avenue for access and a detour will be setup.
- 23rd Avenue from 27th Street to 31st Street.
- 12th Avenue from 12th Street to 13th Street
Mobilization #3: [7.5.17 – 7-19.17]
- Ridge Drive from Southview Drive to Longview Drive
- Ridge Court from Southview Drive north
- 8th Street from 7th Avenue to Central Avenue
- 1st Avenue from S 11th Street to S 15th Street
Questions may be directed to the Engineering Department at 319-743-6340.