UPDATE: Traffic Patterns to Shift near 7th Ave/7th Street Construction End of Next Week
Beginning Friday, Sept. 23 the contractor plans to switch traffic in the 7th Avenue/7th Street roundabout construction zone. (This date could change slightly, but this is the current plan.)
This means that traffic on 7th Avenue will be split around the roundabout to the north and south sections. (Eastbound traffic will be on the south side and Westbound traffic will be on the north).
This will allow the paving contractor to continue to perform pavement operations while the utility contractor continues to work on the underground work.
With this phase the following will continue to be closed:
- 7th Street; between 6th and 7th Avenue
- 6th Avenue; between west of 7th Street and east of 8th Street
- Intersection of 6th Avenue and 7th Street
- Intersection of 6th Avenue and 8th Street
- 7th Street entrance of Country Kitchen
Access to properties / businesses will be maintained.
Additional information about this project can be found at: www.cityofmarion.org/CentralCorridor