ROAD CONSTRUCTION: 2016 Asphalt Resurfacing Program
This project includes milling the existing surface and the placement of two lifts of new HMA (Hot Mix Asphalt).
The schedule below was provided by LL Pelling and is weather dependent.
This project includes the following streets:
1) 5th Street from 29th Avenue to 300’ North.
2) South 14th Street from A Avenue to G Avenue.
3) 5th Avenue from 13th Street to 31st Street.
4) A Avenue from 15th Street to 22nd Street.
5) 22nd Street from 8th Avenue to 10th Avenue.
6) 12th Avenue from Maplecrest to Northview Drive.
7) 15th Avenue from Maplecrest to Northview Drive.
8) 8th Avenue from 25th Street to 30th Street.
9) 26th Street from 3rd Avenue to 5th Avenue.
10) 4th Avenue from 27th Street to 31st Street.
11) 50th Street from 8th Avenue to 10th Avenue.
12) Southview Drive from Twixt Town Road to Ridge Drive.
The project will be split into 4 mobilizations.
Mobilization #1: 8th Avenue; 5th Avenue; and 15th Avenue [approx. 5.2.16 – 5.27.16]
Mobilization #2: 22nd Street and Southview Drive [approx. 5.17.16 – 5.24.16]
Mobilization #3: A Avenue; 5th Street; 12th Avenue; 26th Street; 4th Avenue [approx. 5.31.16 – 6.10.16]
Mobilization #4: South 14th Street and 50th Street [approx. 6.13.16 – 6.21.16]
May 2nd - May 13th Work Schedule:
- 8th Avenue: 25th Street to 30th Street
- 5th Avenue: 13th Street to 31st Street
- 15th Avenue: Northview Drive to Maplecrest Drive
May 16th - May 27th Work Schedule:
- 22nd Street: 8th Avenue to 10th Avenue
- Southview Drive: Ridge Drive to Twixt Town Road
- 26th Street: 5th Avenue to 3rd Avenue
- 4th Avenue: 27th Street to 31st Street
To stay informed on progress updates for the 2016 HMA Resurfacing Project, please visit our project page.
For general road construction information regarding lane closures and street closures in Marion please reference the 2016 Road Construction Map.