City Launches new Website and Mobile App
The City of Marion officially launched its new website, www.cityofmarion.org, incorporating a fresh look, improved navigation and new interactive tools. At the same time, the City unveiled its first mobile application for iOS and Android devices, providing residents with greater access to City information and services.
“Our website is one of the first places people turn for information,” said Amanda Kaufman, Marion’s assistant to the city manager. “The goals of this project were to increase transparency, enhance the user experience and simplify content management. The new site provides better information to residents and businesses and opportunities for enhanced public engagement.”
Many key features of the new website can be accessed directly from the new dynamic homepage. Among the new features are:
- Searchable, dynamic calendar of community meetings and events that can be filtered by department and easily added to personal Google, iPhone and other calendars
- E-notification sign-up for news, events, job postings and bid/RFP opportunities
- Archived agendas and meeting minutes
- Responsive design that adjusts screen resolution to fit smartphones, tablets, laptops and other mobile devices
- Detailed employee and facility directories, and community maps
The website was developed in partnership with Vision Internet.
The Marion, IA – Official custom app, developed by MyCommunity Mobile, enables anyone with a smartphone to connect with the City anytime, anywhere. It provides residents with easy access to department contact information, hours of operation, park locations and Council Member contact info. The app also allows users to report issues in need of repair by simply taking a photo of the issue and submitting it.
The app’s real time news alerts enable the City to notify all app users at one time of road closures, natural or man-made disasters, or changes in city services. The public engagement feature allows residents to participate in informal surveys on various topics.