The City of Marion is currently hiring for the following positions. Complete details can be found within the job posting.
City application - Please be sure to refer to the specific application packet for each position, if available. Applications packets can be found within the individual job postings.
If you're looking for volunteer opportunities, learn about Boards & Commissions that help guide the City.
The City of Marion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Assistance provided to disabled individuals upon request.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$50,930
- Posted Date:06/22/2020 9:23 AM
- Deadline to Apply:07/17/2020 5:00 PM
The City of Marion is now hiring for a Building Inspector in the Community Development Department. This is a technical position that provides housing inspection support to the department and includes inspection services related to enforcement of City building, zoning, sidewalk, nuisance and related regulations.
Work involves review of building plans and specifications, inspection of building construction, communication with contractors, the general public and appeals boards. Work also includes inspection of the construction, reconstruction, and other construction related projects, as assigned.
- High School Diploma.
- Two years experience in building or construction or inspection.
- Must be able to obtain minimum of one ICC certification within 1 year of hire
- Additional course work, training or experience in drafting desirable.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience may be acceptable.
- Must have valid Iowa driver's license.
Please see the attached job description for additional information.
Assistance provided to disabled individuals upon request
Equal Opportunity Employer