With the completion of a Special Census in June 2016, Marion's official population is 38,023. This is an official increase of 3,255 people since the 2010 Regular Census. Marion's most recent estimated population is 39,400 as of July 1, 2017.
Population Estimate Reports:
The Planning & Development Department compiles population estimates with data provided from the United States Census and the State Data Center of Iowa. The estimates are updated in July of every year for the previous year estimates (ie the July 2018 report is providing population estimates as of July 2017).
- July 2018 Report (July 2017 Population Estimates)
- July 2017 Report (July 2016 Population Estimate
- July 2016 Report (July 2015 Population Estimate)
- July 2015 Report (July 2014 Population Estimate)
- March 17, 2015 - Boundary Update amendment to 2010 US Census - These counts reflect boundary (through annexation) updates reported to the US Census Bureau effective as of March 17, 2015. These counts also reflect any changes previous made to the 2010 Census counts under the Census Bureau's Count Question Resolution Program.
- July 2014 Report (July 2013 Population Estimate)
- July 2013 Report (July 2012 Population Estimate)
- July 2012 Report (July 2011 Population Estimate)
- July 2011 Report (Official 2010 US Census Population)
- July 2010 Population by Age (Official 2010 US Census)
Construction Activity Reports:
- Residential Units Constructed by Type and Year: 2000 to 2016
- Residential Units Constructed by Type and Year: 2000 to 2015
- Residential Units Constructed by Type and Year: 2000 to 2014
Relevant Links & Additional Information:
- US Census Bureau - The US Census Bureau is a principal agency of the U.S. Federal Statistical System responsible for producing data about the American people and economy.
- Iowa Data Center - The State Data Center of Iowa is your source for population, housing, business and government statistics about Iowa, including data from the U.S. Census Bureau, Iowa state agencies, and other state and federal sources.