Be part of Marion's Independence Day fireworks celebration; an idea that surfaced through the ImagiNEXT community visioning process.
On Wednesday, July 3, Marion will host an Independence Day fireworks display, called Fireworks & Fireflies. This free event will take place on the eve of the holiday at the beautiful Klopfenstein Amphitheater at Lowe Park.
Enjoy live music by The Bamboozlers before the fireworks show. Family-friendly activities, including patriotic face painting, a balloon artist and life-size games will be located throughout the park. The fun begins at 6 p.m. leading up to the fireworks at dusk.
Attendees will be able to bring their own lawn chairs, blankets and coolers. Food will also be available for purchase through local food trucks. Attendees are asked to leave sparklers, fireworks and other flammable items at home.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I park?
- Parking is available in the grass near the Lowe Park Arts & Environment Center.
- An additional lot is available off Irish Drive.
- A shuttle from Linn-Mar starts at 6 p.m.
- You may also park at Oak Ridge Middle school if you’d like an alternative location to view the fireworks. Please note, all of the food vendors, music and activities are located at Lowe Park.
- What can I bring?
- Attendees will be able to bring their own lawn chairs, blankets, beverages (including alcoholic beverages) and food. Food will also be available for purchase through local food trucks.
- Leave sparklers, fireworks, and other flammable items at home. Please, no pets.
- What time does it start?
- The event starts at 6 p.m.
- The band starts at 6:30 p.m.
- Fireworks begin at dusk.
- What activities will there be?
- Balloon artists, live music, food trucks, games and face painting!
Entering into an advertising/sponsorship agreement does not constitute an endorsement by the City
for the product, services or organization.