- Voting Registration
- Absentee Ballot Request Form
- What ward am I in?
- Where do I vote?
- Is satellite voting available?
The City of Marion is classified as a Chapter 45 city with a Special Charter. What does this mean?
Candidates are nominated by petition.
- Mayor or Council Member-At-Large: nominations may be made by nomination papers signed by eligible electors residing in the city.
- Ward Council Member: nominations may be made by nomination papers signed by eligible electors residing in the ward.
- The City of Marion holds a regular city election (first Tuesday of November on odd years) with no primary or runoff elections.
Nomination papers may be picked up in the City Clerk’s Department as well as in the Linn County Auditor or the Iowa Secretary of State website. Nomination papers should be filed at the Linn County Auditor's office.