Randy Strnad, a Marion business owner and insurance agent, was elected to Marion City Council as its At-Large representative. He was previously appointed to City Council in 2016 to fill the seat vacated by Mayor Nick AbouAssaly.
Strnad owns his insurance agency and has been in the industry since 1996. As an active member of the community, he has and continues to serve the community in many capacities:
- paid, on-call firefighter for the Marion Fire Department
- Uptown Marion Economic Vitality Committee
- Former member of the Local Option Sales Tax Oversight Committee
- Past President & Vice President of the Marion Chamber Ambassadors
- Former Marion Chamber of Commerce Board Member
- Past President of the Marion FIrefighters Association
His focus as a Marion City Council member is on economic development, infrastructure and budgets.
Randy and his wife Margaret are parents to three children. When time allows, they enjoy traveling to destinations, spending time with family and pursuing their hobbies.
1820 Agate Circle
Marion, IA 52302