The City of Marion is currently hiring for the following positions. Complete details can be found within the job posting.
City application - Please be sure to refer to the specific application packet for each position, if available. Applications packets can be found within the individual job postings.
If you're looking for volunteer opportunities, learn about Boards & Commissions that help guide the City.
The City of Marion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Assistance provided to disabled individuals upon request.
Entry-Level Police Officer
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$50,400.00
- Posted Date:02/04/2019
- Deadline to Apply:03/08/2019 12:00 PM
The Marion Police Department is currently hiring an entry-level police officer. Police officers perform the line function of the Police Department including a wide variety of duties involving the enforcement of laws and prevention of crimes. In addition, officers provide support and assistance to special crime prevention and law enforcement programs
- Must be a citizen of the U.S. and a resident of the Iowa or intend to become a resident upon employment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Iowa upon employment.
- Must be a high school graduate with a diploma or possess a G.E.D. equivalency certificate.
- Completed and signed City of Marion Applications may be submitted online via this form. (Be sure to save the completed application to a local drive and then upload via the web form.)
- Cover letter/Resume (Optional)
- Military Discharge Separation Papers DD214 showing box 24: Character of Service (If Applicable) Honorable Discharge required for Veteran’s Preference points
- Friday, March 8, 2019 at 12:00 pm (Noon)
- Mail or drop off at Marion City Hall, City Clerk's Department, 1225 6th Avenue, Marion IA 52302 or via this online form
Required Civil Service Test:
- Saturday, March 23, 2019 at 8 a.m.
- Marion Police Department, 6315 Highway 151, Marion, IA 52302
- PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST – Details in above link
- ESSAY TEST
- POST – The National Police Officer Selection Test (POST) is an entry-level basic skills test that helps law enforcement agencies select the most qualified applicants by ensuring that candidates possess the basic cognitive skills necessary to successfully perform the job.The POST is a valid, job-related test designed specifically for law enforcement use, which measures these basic skills:Arithmetic, Reading, Comprehension, Grammar and Incident Report Writing
- INTERVIEW – Those applicants receiving a passing score on the POST will be given a time to return to the Marion Police Department later in the day to complete an oral interview. Please keep in mind that you will be requested back sometime between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Communication will be sent via the email provided on your application. Please monitor your email closely throughout this process for confirmations and updates.
- Questions about the process may be directed to Rachel Bolender at (319) 743-6327
- Questions about the position may be directed to Shellene Gray at (319) 200-7727